- 12 possibly derives from 1312, an alternative form of ACAB (“all cops are bastards”) in which the letters are substituted with their position in the alphabet.
- 12 might originate from the American police procedural television series Adam-12, in which 1-Adam-12 refers to a patrol unit and its radio call sign.
- "Fuck 12" was a 2013 song released by Atlanta-based mumble rap group Migos with the lyric "12 kickin' in my front door" in description of a narcotics raid. Widespread use of the phrase grew following the 2014 Shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.
- 2014 August, Ray Downs, “Ferguson Protesters Defy State of Emergency Curfew and Fight Tear Gas”, in Riverfront Times:
- Vehicles with the words "Fuck 12" painted on the sides and windows drove down West Florissant Avenue, honking in support of protesters on the street as others would chant the straight-to-the-point slogan.
- (slang, vulgar, derogatory) Fuck the police, an anti-police slogan protesting police behaviour.
- 2020 May 7, Tyler Fenwick, “'We're just trying to get answers': Fatal IMPD shooting captured on Facebook Live”, in Indianapolis Recorder:
- Kwame Shakur, deputy chairman of the New African Black Panther Party, showed up with a megaphone and led the protesters in chants of "All power to the people" and "Fuck 12."