From funny + -ness
funniness (countable and uncountable, plural funninesses)
- (uncountable) The quality of being funny.
- (countable) Something funny; a quirky or amusing statement, mannerism, etc.
- 1907, Albert Kinross, The Land of Every Man
- He, Cardew, had sat at home, accepting readymade conclusions, the shallow funninesses of imbeciles and clowns...
- 1971, Sheila Kaye-Smith, Joanna Godden Married, and Other Stories
- Gone were the human funninesses and kindnesses of the London gutter child...