See also: Gaming
- The playing of a game or games, including but not limited to video games and games of chance.
- 1678, Robert Barclay, An Apology for the True Christian Divinity:
- […] the unprofitable plays, frivolous recreations, sportings, and gamings which are invented to pass away the precious time, and divert the mind from the witness of God […]
- 2013 June 28, Tom Vanderbilt, “The lose-lose logic of the machine zone”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 3, page 29:
- The US gaming industry, in a pamphlet called Demystifying Slot Machines […], argues that "slot manufacturers need to build devices for a society with a decreasing attention span and an increasing demand for exciting, fast-paced entertainment, all in a marketplace overflowing with competing entertainment options".
- Ellipsis of .
- Synonym of
- Careful, strategic use of rules to achieve one's purposes, as one would use the rules of a game.
Derived terms edit
- Hyphenation: ga‧ming
gaming m (uncountable)
- gaming (video gaming)