- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡlæsɪz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡlɑːsɪz/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɑːsɪz
- plural of
glasses pl (plural only)
- Spectacles, frames bearing two lenses worn in front of the eyes.
- A sight-improving lens for a single eye is a monocle.
- Though confusion is unlikely, clarity as to quantity is improved by using the expressions "a pair of glasses" (or "a pair of eyeglasses") or "(however many) pairs of eyeglasses".
plural of "glass" — see glass
spectacles — see spectacles
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of glass