- (colloquial) Got you; have you; as in capture or apprehend.
- I gotcha now, ya little twerp.
- (colloquial) Understand; comprehend.
- Yeah, I gotcha. Good thinkin'!
- (colloquial) Got you covered, got your back; when you have an advantage or responsibility over someone.
- Gotcha! Go on in...
- (colloquial) Got you back; as in after causing some form of retaliation or revenge against someone.
- Gotcha! And don't ever do that to me again.
- (colloquial) Got you by surprise; Exclamation indicating a successful trick or prank.
- Gotcha! They never notice the whoopie cushion!
- (colloquial) Got you by surprise; as in engineering or computer programming; typically an unintended consequence or problem caused by a small variation in areas such as command syntax, function definition, results application.
gotcha (plural gotchas)
- (colloquial) A potential problem or source of trouble.
- Review the work thoroughly and make sure there are no gotchas.
- (colloquial) An instance of publicly tricking someone or exposing them to ridicule, especially by means of an elaborate deception.
- They change the number at random intervals and if you miss a sign, bingo - gotcha!
- (colloquial) An instance of accomplishing a tricky idea or overcoming a difficult obstacle.
- Now here's another few gotchas that you can do to implement it.