See also: gunnysack
- A sack made from burlap, used for agricultural produce.
- 1920, Peter B. Kyne, chapter XI, in The Understanding Heart:
- “… Tony, there are some old, empty gunny sacks—the only dry thing on Bogus tonight. … They'll do to make a bed for the baby in the wood-box, …”
- 1985, Peter Carey, Illywhacker, Faber and Faber 2003, p. 259:
- life would be a misery, trudging all the way down to Number 7 wharf for a meal ticket, then back up to the other end of the city to collect a gunnysack of food […].