Audio (AU) (file)
iceman (plural icemen)
- A person who trades in ice; a person employed to deliver block ice.
- A man who is skilled in travelling upon ice, as among glaciers.
- 1862, Edward Shirley Kennedy, Peaks, passes, and glaciers, volume 1, page 241:
- We were accompanied by our two guides, Jean Baptiste Croz and Michel Croz, of Chamounix, two capital icemen, and worthy fellows.
- A human figure carved out of ice.
- An ancient human male mummified in ice.
- (slang) An assassin.
- (slang) One who is cool under pressure.
- (dated) A man in attendance at a frozen pond where skating etc. is going on.
one who is cool under pressure