in the name of
- in name of (dated)
- With appeal to; often used to introduce oaths
- In the name of all things sacred, please stop that screaming!
- By the authority of.
- In the name of the law, come out with your hands up.
- Under the name or possession of.
- He put the house in the name of his children.
- Under the designation or excuse of.
- These additional checks at airports are justified in the name of security.
- 2017 August 25, Aukkarapon Niyomyat & Panarat Thepgumpanat, "Thai junta seeks Yingluck's arrest as former PM skips court verdict", in reuters.com, Reuters:
- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, who led the 2014 coup against Yingluck's government in the name of ending political turmoil, has promised that an election will be held next year.
with appeal to
under the name of