Blend of Internet + web (“World Wide Web”). The first use of this phrase is disputed.
interweb (plural interwebs or interwebz)
- (Internet, slang, humorous) The Internet.
- Look, I'm on teh interweb!
- 1997, Christian Schenck, Christine Schopf, Cyberarts, ISBN 3211829989, Page 70
- "Web Hopper" is an interweb site that enables you to visualize your Web hopping and that of other Net users.
- 2007 March 26, Phil Libin, Jon Udell (interviewer), “Phil Libin”, Jon Udell's Interviews With Innovators, IT Conversations, GigaVox Media 
- Basically anyone who wants to get a license for nefarious purposes, nefarious or at the very least...unsactioned, they now get to shop around.... With the interwebs, it's gonna be pretty easy to tell which states...are the best shopping locations.... This isn't secret information [that] no one's gonna ever find out.
- Typically used in a jocular or sarcastic manner by more experienced Internet users, especially as a mockery of the less experienced when used with teh.