- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˈvɛɹ.i.ə.bli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈvɛə.ɹi.ə.bli/
- Hyphenation: in‧va‧ri‧ably
Audio (US) (file)
- Every time; always, without change.
- He is invariably late for meetings.
- 1907 August, Robert W[illiam] Chambers, chapter IX, in The Younger Set, New York, N.Y.: D. Appleton & Company, OCLC 24962326:
- “A tight little craft,” was Austin’s invariable comment on the matron; […]. ¶ Near her wandered her husband, orientally bland, invariably affable, and from time to time squinting sideways, as usual, in the ever-renewed expectation that he might catch a glimpse of his stiff, retroussé moustache.