See also: Investigation
- The act of investigating; the process of inquiring into or following up; research, especially patient or thorough inquiry or examination
- The investigation into the crime has led to various leads as well as plenty of dead ends.
- Despite thorough investigation, the perpetrator of the attacks remains unknown.
- carry out an investigation
- the matter is awaiting investigation
- The case is still under investigation.
the act of investigating
investigation f (plural investigations)
- “investigation”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
investigation (plural investigationes)