See also: jibber jabber
Reduplicative form of jabber.
- (informal, derogatory) Excessive or meaningless talk.
- 2006 March 14, Shelley Berman as Judge Sanders, “Stick It”, in Boston Legal, season 2, episode 9:
- And I would ask counsel to check his sense of humor at the door. My courtroom is a temple of decorum, and I do not tolerate jibber-jabber.
- 2010 January 21, David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel as Special Agent Seeley Booth and Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan, “The Proof in the Pudding”, in Bones, season 5, episode 12, 27:40:
- Booth: Guys, listen, I'm going to need some science jibber-jabber to distract these guys.
Brennan: Oh, you know who can do jibber-jabber?
Brennan: Because you have forbidden us from taking samples in order to estimate the osteoconductivity of the oblique taphonomic remodeling pertaining to the midsagittal plane, encephalometric transaction — or translation, if you will — of the intramatrix can be deduced by correlating the force-displacement values with the osteogenic and geogenic hydrogel nanocomposite we placed inside the surrogate.