transaction (plural transactions)
- The act of conducting or carrying out (business, negotiations, plans).
- The transaction was made on Friday with the supplier.
- A deal or business agreement. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- An exchange or trade, as of ideas, money, goods, etc.
- I made the transaction with the vendor as soon as she showed me the pearls.
- (finance) The transfer of funds into, out of, or from an account.
- (computing) An atomic operation; a message, data modification, or other procedure that is guaranteed to perform completely or not at all (e.g. a database transaction).
- (especially in plural) A record of the proceedings of a learned society.
- (transactional analysis) A social interaction.
act of conducting or carrying out business, negotiations, plans
deal or business agreement
exchange or trade, as of ideas, money, goods, etc.
finance: transfer of funds into, out of, or from an account
computing: atomic operation
finance: economic transaction: a valid currency transfer
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
transaction f (plural transactions)
- transaction (clarification of this definition is needed)