- (transitive) to pull out (from somewhere -ból/-ből) (to remove something from a container)
- Kihúzta a kardját tokjából. ― He pulled out his sword from its sheath.
- Kihúzta az íróasztal fiókját. ― He opened a desk drawer.
- (transitive) to drag something (out of somewhere -ból/-ből)
- Kihúzták az ágyat a szobából. ― They dragged the bed out of the room.
- (transitive) to drag something (out of someone -ból/-ből) (to get information that someone is reluctant or unwilling to give through artful or devious means or by pleading or asking repeatedly)
- (transitive) to delete, to scratch, to cross out, to strike out, to strike through some text on a page
- Kihúzta a szót a mondatból. ― S/he deleted the word from the sentence.
- (reflexive) to straighten up, to square one's shoulders (to sit up or stand straight, to stop hunching; to position one's shoulders back and in a straight line forming a sort of square's edge)
- Kihúzta magát ültében. ― He sat up straight.
conjugation of kihúz