- Hyphenation: lead‧er‧ship
- the capacity of someone to lead others
- a group of leaders
2013 April 9, Andrei Lankov, “Stay Cool. Call North Korea’s Bluff.”, in New York Times:
- People who talk about an imminent possibility of war seldom pose this question: What would North Korea’s leadership get from unleashing a war that they are likely to lose in weeks, if not days?
- (dated) The office or status of a leader.
capacity to lead
office of leader
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
leadership m (plural leaderships)
- leadership (the characteristics of leading by the leader)
- “leadership” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).