logic gate (plural logic gates)
- A physical device, typically electronic, which computes a Boolean logical output (0 or 1) from Boolean input or inputs according to the rules of some logical operator.
- There are six non-trivial, symmetric, two-input, Boolean logic gates: AND, OR, XOR, NAND, NOR and XNOR.
physical Boolean device
- Symbols for logic gates. Twenty First Century Books, Breckenridge, CO.
- The IEC symbols are defined in IEC 60617-12 (1997-12), Graphical symbols for diagrams - Part 12: Binary logic elements
- logic gate on Wikipedia.Wikipedia