See also: electrònic
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɛl.ɛkˈtɹɒn.ɪk/, /ˌɛl.ɪkˈtɹɒn.ɪk/, /ɪˌlɛkˈtɹɒn.ɪk/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪˌlɛkˈtɹɑn.ɪk/, /ˌiː.lɛkˈtɹɑn.ɪk/
Audio (US) (file)
electronic (not comparable)
- (physics, chemistry): Of or pertaining to an electron or electrons.
- Operating on the physical behavior of electrons, especially in semiconductors.
- Generated by an electronic device.
- Of or pertaining to the Internet.
2013 May 25, “No hiding place”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8837, page 74:
- In America alone, people spent $170 billion on “direct marketing”—junk mail of both the physical and electronic varieties—last year. Yet of those who received unsolicited adverts through the post, only 3% bought anything as a result.
pertaining to electrons
operating on behavior of electrons
generated by electronic device
of or pertaining to the Internet
Most common English words before 1923 in Project Gutenberg: account · party · sight · #455: electronic · sea · necessary · idea