long story short
- (idiomatic) Introducing a short version of, or simply the conclusion of, a relevant story.
- Anyway, long story short, I totally screwed up today.
- 1994, Eric Bogosian, Pounding Nails in the Floor With My Forehead, Theatre Communications Group, ISBN 1-55936-096-8, page 40,
- So anyway, long story short . . . Kenny was always gambling. And six years ago, he bought this lottery ticket and he won. Not much. A million bucks. After taxes, that’s like five hundred thousand dollars. I’m thinking party time.
- 1999, Dennis Hensley, Misadventures in the (213), HarperCollins, ISBN 0-688-17128-1, page 74,
- 2005 March 1, Scrubs (television series), season 4, episode 19 “My Best Laid Plans”,
- Dr. Kelso: Long story short, I'm on the hook for sending Trong Tri Kelso to college and he doesn't want to go to a state school.
Introducing a short version of, or simply the conclusion of, an involved story