- The practice of manipulating or the state of being manipulated.
- The dealer's manipulations could have removed cards from the deck.
- The skillful use of the hands in, for example, chiropractic.
- After a few minutes of manipulation each week, she obtained days of relief from her neck pain.
- The management of some situation, especially for one’s own advantage.
- He found that the new manager was known for his Machiavellian manipulations in his last two positions.
- The usage of psychological influence over a person or situation to gain an outcome.
- The counselor was able to reach the disturbed teen through positive psychological manipulation.
practice of manipulating
skillful use of the hands