- Peucedanum ostruthium, an umbelliferous plant grown in gardens, formerly much used for medicinal purposes. [from 16th c.]
- 1653, Nicholas Culpeper, The English Physician Enlarged, Folio Society, published 2007, page 184:
- The root of Masterwort is hotter than Pepper, and very available in all cold griefs and diseases both of stomach and body, dissolving very powerfully upward and downward.
- Astrantia spp., such as the great masterwort.
- Ground elder (Aegopodium podagraria).
Aegopodium podagraria — see ground elder