- The same as another; sharing the same design.
- We bought a new sofa and matching armchairs.
- 2020 May 20, John Crosse, “Soon to be gone... but never forgotten”, in Rail, page 61, photo caption:
- [...] the Class 142s and 143s have at times sported a number of advertising liveries [...]. The two cars of Arriva Trains Wales 142081 were certainly not a matching pair when photographed in 2005.
the same as another; sharing the same design
matching (plural matchings)
- The process by which things are matched together or paired up.
- (graph theory) A set of independent edges in a given graph, i.e. a set of edges which do not intersect, such that pairs of vertices are "matched" to each other one to one.
graph theory: set of edges