- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmeʒ.ə.mənt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American), IPA(key): /ˈmeʒ.ɚ.mənt/
measurement (plural measurements)
- The act of measuring.
- Magnitude (or extent or amount) determined by an act of measuring.
- 2013 June 22, “Snakes and ladders”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 76:
- Risk is everywhere. […] For each one there is a frighteningly precise measurement of just how likely it is to jump from the shadows and get you. “The Norm Chronicles” […] aims to help data-phobes find their way through this blizzard of risks.
act of measuring
magnitude determined by measuring
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked