mineral makeup (usually uncountable, plural mineral makeups)
- The range of minerals in a diet or a rock.
- A cosmetic made and of any of several finely ground minerals, mixed with a base such as cocoa butter.
- The cosmetic sense seems to exclude talc, even though it is a mineral.
- 1992 Elson M. Haas - Staying Healthy With Nutrition
- As with chicken, about two-thirds of its fat is the unsaturated type, and the vitamin and mineral makeup is similar to that of chicken.
- 1996 Frederick H. Pough - A field guide to rocks and minerals
- Studying the pattern and nature of grains found in one or more slices from a single rock exposure (known as the outcrop) can reveal the exact mix and average mineral makeup of the rock.
- 2001 Mark Lees - Skin Care: Beyond the Basics
- Mineral makeup, another term for loose powder makeup foundation, largely comprises earth-based Ingredients. This product contains coverage pigments like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, both of which are also physical sunscreens.