- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈoʊnɚʃɪp/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈəʊnəʃɪp/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: own‧er‧ship
ownership (countable and uncountable, plural ownerships)
- The state of having complete legal control of something; possession; proprietorship.
- 2021 November 17, Andrew Mourant, “Okehampton: a new dawn for Dartmoor”, in RAIL, number 944, page 43:
- In the summer, DCC [Devon County Council] transferred ownership of the northern part of the station to NR for a nominal £1, enabling it (and the platform) to become part of the rail network.
- (business) Responsibility for something.
- The successful candidate will take ownership of all internal design projects.
responsibility for something