plyg (plural plygs)
- (slang, offensive) A fundamentalist Mormon.
- Members of the fundamentalist plyg movement are "Mormon" but are not LDS.
- The schoolgirl drew stares from outsiders because of her long pastel dress and upswept hairdo, and her brother once got into a fistfight with a group of Gentile and LDS boys who had been taunting him and his sister, calling them "plygs".
Back formation from plygu (“to bend; to fold, to crease”).
plyg m (plural plygion)
- plygell (“folder”)
plyg (feminine singular plyg, plural plyg, equative cyn plyg, comparative mwy plyg, superlative mwyaf plyg)
- allblyg (“extroverted”)
- deublyg (“double, dual, twofold”)
- dyblyg (“doubled, duplicated”)
- echblyg (“explicit”)
- hyblyg (“flexible, pliable”)
- mewnblyg (“introverted”)
- triphlyg (“triple, threefold”)
- ymhlŷg (“bent, folded”)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.