- Of or pertaining to ownership or possession.
- (grammar) Indicating ownership, possession, origin, etc.
- Unwilling to yield possession of.
- He is very possessive of his car.
pertaining to possession
grammar: indicating possession
unwilling to yield possession of
- (grammar) The possessive case.
- (grammar) A word used to indicate the possessive case.
possessive case — see possessive case
- possessive pronoun
- possessive adjective
- possessive determiner
- possessive suffix
- Usage notes on the possessive