prik n (singular definite prikket, plural indefinite prik)
- prick (the feeling of being pierced or punctured by an object with a fine point, the action of pricking)
- infinitive of
- sting, prick (sting or bite from a bug, etc.)
- small pointy object, prong
- goad, prod
- lamprey, fish of the order Petromyzontiformes
- (medicine, informal) injection, jab, shot.
The informal diminutive prikkie is in common use in the Netherlands with the specific meaning of “a small amount of money”. The regular diminutive prikje is also used to mean this, though perhaps more commonly outside the Netherlands.
- → Papiamentu: prek
prik m (uncountable)
See the etymology of the corresponding lemma form.
prik n (genitive singular priks, nominative plural prik)