- dramatized, purely acoustic performance, broadcast on radio or published on audio media, such as tape or CD
1992 October 28, The Dominion Feedback <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Third Annual Online SF Con - Oct. 30 thru Nov. 1”, rec.arts.sf.announce, Usenet, message-ID <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>:
- STREAMING AUDIO & VIDEO: Including our live "Seeing Ear Theatre" radio drama staring Walter Koenig, classic SF & horror movies, Orson Welles' WAR OF THE WORLDS broadcast, episodes of MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000, Alien Voices, readings by Greg Bear, Sam Delany, Bruce Sterling & K.W. Jeter, cartoons, classic trailers & more!
2002, L. A. Heberlein, The Rough Guide to Internet Radio, ISBN 1858289610, page 299:
- Before the advent of television, radio drama had a huge popular audience and dominated much of the broadcast schedule.
2005 January 25, Ken from Chicago <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Re: For THIS they cancelled Angel?”, alt.tv.angel, Usenet, message-ID <P5WdnedA5a7GomvcRVnemail@example.com>:
- Radio dramas in America are online.
2005, Jack D. Herrington, Podcasting hacks, ISBN 0596100663, page Back Cover:
- Whether you want to create a simple one-person podcast or a multi segment radio drama, you'll find all the user-friendly tips, tools and tricks you need to get the perfect sound and reach your audience.
2010 December 8, Steve Julian, “LA Theatre Works reprises 'The Graduate' as radio drama, with Kathleen Turner”, KPCC:
- In a radio drama version, she and Rhys this week reprise their roles for LA Theatre Works.
- Tim Crook: Radio drama. Theory and practice. London; New York: Routledge, 1999. ISBN 0415216028