See also: ränker
ranker (plural rankers)
- One who ranks things, or arranges them in ranks
- A kind of soil developed over non-calcareous material, usually rock
- (military) A common soldier
- One with a specified rank.
- 2002, M. Naganthan, Tamil Nadu economy: trends and prospects, page 259:
- But the difference between the first ranker Maharashtra and the second ranker Tamil Nadu was so sharp that Tamil Nadu's value added was just 40 per cent of that of Maharashtra.
- 2011, Derek Ellis, Sex, Food and Rank: In Humans and Animals, page 54:
- Mike, as an adult chimpanzee, was a low ranker.
- 2012, Julia Scheeres, Jesus Land: A Memoir:
- I become Starr high ranker the next Sunday, setting a school record for reaching Fifth Level in the minimum amount of time.
- (Can we date this quote?), Sudha Murty, How I Taught My Grandmother to Read and other Stories:
- When it comes to academics, you are a first ranker throughout.
- comparative degree of