- Template:US IPA(key): /rɪˈkəːrɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
recurring (comparative more recurring, superlative most recurring)
- Happening or occurring frequently, with repetition.
- He has recurring asthma attacks.
- Revenge is a recurring theme in this novel.
- (mathematics) Of a decimal: having a set of digits that is repeated indefinitely.
- Every rational number can be written as either a terminating decimal or a recurring decimal.
- (happening or occurring frequently): recurrent, repetitive; see also Thesaurus:repetitive
math:having a set of digits that is repeated indefinitely
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
recurring (plural recurrings)
- A recurrence; a coming round again.
- 2009, Marty, Martin E., A Cry of Absence: Reflections for the Winter of the Heart, page 21:
- Winter, here, is a dimension of all reality, not one-fourth of the spiritual year's endless recurrings.
- reiteration, repeat; see also Thesaurus:reoccurrence