- In a right manner, correctly, justifiably.
- She was quite rightly disappointed in not being promoted.
- 1909, Sidney Morse, An Encyclopaedia of Practical Recipes and Processes, The Success Company, page 21:
- If rightly used, it will save a great deal of money in every household.
- 2011 October 1, Saj Chowdhury, “Wolverhampton 1-2 Newcastle”, in BBC Sport:
- Steven Fletcher headed in for Wolves late on, who were denied a penalty and what appeared to be a legitimate equaliser in stoppage time.
Wolves boss Mick McCarthy will rightly be aggrieved by those two decisions.