- A boat with one or more sails.
- (uncountable) The art of sailing.
- (astronautics) A spacecraft endowed with sail for propulsion purposes.
- 2008 June 29, George Johnson, “Eureka! Where Do I Cash the Check?”, in New York Times:
- But a discussion paper published in 2006 by the Brookings Institution called for a much bigger commitment, with government prizes ranging from $15 million for an Earth-Moon solar sailcraft race to as much as $100 million a year for improvements in African agriculture. Mr. McCain’s own proposal for spurring development of alternative energy sources was foreshadowed by a bill introduced last year in Congress that would establish a prize for breakthroughs in the development of hydrogen power.