scenester (plural scenesters)
- (music) A non-musician who is active in a particular musical scene, especially one whose involvement carries social status.
- 1986, January 5, “Cary Darling”, in Australian Rock: Boiling from Down Under:
- One of those nights was recorded and, with production by local scenester Chris D., is now seeing the light of day.
- 2014, Dirk Wittenborn, Jazz Johnson, The Social Climber's Bible:
- Their job is to deny entry to those who don't belong, the wannabe scenester as opposed to the real scenester.
- 2019, Stefano Barone, Metal, Rap, and Electro in Post-Revolutionary Tunisia: A Fragile Underground, →ISBN:
- Some scenesters told me of their manic daily life, made of entire days and nights spent without any sleep or food, focusing on the music until exhaustion.
non-musician active in musical scene