- (General American) enPR: sĕʹkəndz, IPA(key): /ˈsɛk.əndz/, /ˈsɛk.ənts/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɛkəndz/
- Hyphenation: sec‧onds
- plural of
- There are sixty seconds in a minute.
- A second helping, second serving of food for one person; refill of coffee or other drink.
- There is plenty of pie left, if you have room for seconds.
- An item of clothing that has failed quality control and is sold at a discount
- It was marked as seconds, but I can't find anything wrong with it.
- Any article of merchandise of a grade inferior to the best; especially, a coarse or inferior kind of flour.
- (second serving): second helping
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of second