- plural of
- There are sixty seconds in a minute.
- A second serving of food for one person.
- There is plenty of pie left, if you have room for seconds.
- An item of clothing that has failed quality control and is sold at a discount
- It was marked as seconds, but I can't find anything wrong with it.
- Any article of merchandise of a grade inferior to the best; especially, a coarse or inferior kind of flour.
- (second serving): second helping
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of second