- (informal, of a person) To recognise (someone) as a potential victim to swindle or otherwise deceive.
- You were charged $1,000 for a car wash? They must have seen you coming!
- (informal, of a thing, person, or occurrence) To notice in advance, especially to recognise as a threat or problem; to foresee.
- The foul ball hit me on the head. I didn't see it coming.
- You're a perfect hitman; you look like a regular guy. Nobody sees you coming.
- My pension plan went broke. I didn't see that development coming.
notice in advance; foresee