- (biology) The state or process of ageing, especially in humans; old age.
- (cell biology) Ceasing to divide by mitosis because of shortening of telomeres or excessive DNA damage.
- (gerontology) Old age; accumulated damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time.
- (botany) Fruit senescence, leading to ripening of fruit.
biology: the state or process of aging
cell biology: ceasing to divide by mitosis
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked