single + stick
singlestick (countable and uncountable, plural singlesticks)
- A one-handed wooden stick used for fencing in place of a sword.
- 2010, Thomas A. Green, Joseph R. Svinth, Martial Arts of the World
- Scottish broadsword training methods included practice with the singlestick. The singlestick is a wooden rod (usually ash) with a basket hilt. Length was usually 3 feet (just under a meter).
- (uncountable) A martial art, sport or exercise using a cudgel or backsword.
- ^ Allanson-Winn, R. G. et al. (2006). Broadsword and Singlestick: With Chapters on Quarter-Staff, Bayonet, Cudgel, Shillalah, Walking-Stick, Umbrella, and Other Weapons of Self-Defense. Paladin Press. →ISBN