- wodden (obsolete)
- Made of wood.
- a wooden boat
- On a recent windy day, hundreds of visitors climbed wooden stairs to take pictures in front of the glacier.
Audio (US) (file)
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 12, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- There were many wooden chairs for the bulk of his visitors, and two wicker armchairs with red cloth cushions for superior people. From the packing-cases had emerged some Indian clubs, […], and all these articles […] made a scattered and untidy decoration that Mrs. Clough assiduously dusted and greatly cherished.
- 2012 October 8, Daniel W. Patterson, The True Image: Gravestone Art and the Culture of Scotch Irish Settlers in the Pennsylvania and Carolina Backcountry, UNC Press Books, →ISBN, page 141:
- The second and third quarters of the shield are indecipherable on the stone but clearer in two other representations of the arms, a painted wooden funeral hatchment for Mary Davie […]
- (figuratively) As if made of wood; moving awkwardly, or speaking with dull lack of emotion.
- wooden acting
made of wood