- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsləʊpɪŋ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsloʊpɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊpɪŋ
- Hyphenation: slop‧ing
- Having a slope.
- a sloping roof
- 1993, Peter Redgrove, “The Mountain”, in The Laborators, Taxus Press, →ISBN, page 27:
- The beefarm on her sloping meadows, the sweet / Exacting spaces spinning honey; / Under the elms and the sycamores / The light leaves cherish many flowers, / The light air under the boughs threaded / With the vivid bees who return
Derived terms edit
having a slope
sloping (plural slopings)
- An arrangement or motion by which something slopes.
sloping f (plural slopingen)