steading (plural steadings)
- a farm-house and offices such as barns, stables, cattle-sheds, etc.; a farmstead; a homestead, an onstead, an estate
2002, David Weber, The Honor of the Queen, Reissue edition, Sci-fi, Baen Books, ISBN 9780743435727:
- … authorized the Grant in Organization a new steading on our southernmost continent. With your permission, we intend to call it the Steading of Harrington, and I ask you to assume the office of its Steadholder for yourself and your heirs.
- Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia, steading
- Merriam-Webster, steading
- Middle English Dictionary, stede
- present participle of