- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈstɜːɹə/
- (General American) enPR: stûrʹər, IPA(key): /ˈstɝɚ/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜːɹə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: stir‧rer
stirrer (plural stirrers)
- A device used to stir.
- We're out of coffee stirrers again and I'm not using my finger!
- A person who stirs something.
- The stirrers in the chocolate factory often get chocolate all over their uniforms.
- (slang) A person who spreads rumours or causes agitation.
- Why would you say something so hurtful? God, you are such a stirrer!
- One who stirs or moves about, as after sleep.
- present of