- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɜːfˌbɔːd/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsɝfˌbɔɹd/
Audio (US) (file)
surfboard (plural surfboards)
- A shaped waterproof plank, usually made of wood or foam and reinforced plastic, used to surf on waves.
- Two sharks attacked the surfboard.
a shaped waterproof plank used to surf on waves
- To use a surfboard; to surf.
- Not preferred by surfers, who would say "surf".
- Might be used to distinguish from body-surfing, riding waves without equipment.
surfboard n (plural surfboards)