take time (third-person singular simple present takes time, present participle taking time, simple past took time, past participle taken time)
- To require a comparatively long period of time.
- Learning a foreign language takes time.
- It takes time to get used to having a step-parent.
- To volunteer to spend one's time (for a purpose or beneficiary).
- He took time to help us with his son with his homework
- He took time for his son.
- (require a comparatively long period of time): take a long time, take some time
- (volunteer to spend one's time): make time for, take the time
to require a long period of time
to volunteer to spend one's time