- To require a comparatively long period of time.
- Learning a foreign language takes time.
- It takes time to get used to having a step-parent.
- To volunteer to spend one's time (for a purpose or beneficiary).
- He took time to help us with his son with his homework
- He took time for his son.
- (require a comparatively long period of time): take a long time, take some time
- (volunteer to spend one's time): make time for, take the time
- take one's time
- take someone's time
- take Time by the forelock, take Time by the top
- take time off, take time out
to require a long period of time