technicality (plural technicalities)
- The quality or state of being technical.
1907, Robert W[illiam] Chambers, “chapter VIII”, in The Younger Set (Project Gutenberg; EBook #14852), New York, N.Y.: A. L. Burt Company, published 1 February 2005 (Project Gutenberg version), OCLC 4241346:
- At her invitation he outlined for her the succeeding chapters with terse military accuracy ; and what she liked best and best understood was avoidance of that false modesty which condescends, turning technicality into pabulum.
- That which is technical, or peculiar to any trade, profession, sect, or the like.
- the technicalities of the sect
- (quality or state of being technical): technicalness