- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈtɛn.dɚ.li/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtɛn.də.li/
- Hyphenation: ten‧der‧ly
Audio (US) (file)
- In a tender manner; gently; sweetly.
- 1749, [John Cleland], “(Please specify the letter or volume)”, in Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure [Fanny Hill], London: […] G. Fenton [i.e., Fenton and Ralph Griffiths] […], OCLC 731622352:
- and the hour striking at which I was oblig'd to dispatch my young man, I tenderly advised him of the necessity there was for parting
in a tender manner