See also: time-keeping
audio (US) (file)
- The measurement of time, or determining what the local time is.
- The quality of being punctual, keeping to a set time.
- 1959 March, D. Bertram, “An old friend - the 9.7”, in Trains Illustrated, page 141:
- As already indicated, timekeeping is very poor. Point-to-point times are not kept, even with a clear road, and whilst fast running has never been a feature of the route because of the large number of junctions and speed restrictions, this Sunday night lethargy is hard to explain.
- 1961 October, “Motive Power Miscellany: Scottish Region”, in Trains Illustrated, page 638:
- Our correspondent found that timekeeping had suffered following the substitution of Class 5 4-6-0s on these workings.
the measurement of time