See also: trans woman
From trans- + woman or trans + woman.
transwoman (plural transwomen)
- alternative spelling of trans woman
- 2007, Reid Vanderburgh, Transition and Beyond: Observations on Gender Identity:
- She had been attracted to Sharon from the time they met, but had not felt comfortable with the idea of dating a transwoman.
- 2010, Gayle Salamon, Assuming a Body: Transgender and Rhetorics of Materiality:
- A transwoman is thus required to fashion her own body as a blank in order to gain a document that is not itself a blank; the document will not speak her sex until her body fails to.
- 2012, Nicholas M. Teich, Transgender 101: A Simple Guide to a Complex Issue:
- Conversely, if you are a lesbian-identified transwoman who was legally married to a woman prior to transition, some people may claim your union is now illegal because it is presently a same-sex marriage.
- See usage notes about trans woman.
- “transwoman”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.
- transwoman at OneLook Dictionary Search
- transwoman, trans woman at Google Ngram Viewer