twisting (plural twistings)
- gerund of
- 2009 August 23, Alexander Star, “Richard Poirier: A Man of Good Reading”, in New York Times:
- Tracing Emerson’s famous twistings and turnings, Mr. Poirier argued that even when he seemed most complacent […] Emerson cannot be taken at face value.
- 1984, Theodore R. Sizer, Horace's Compromise: The Dilemma of the American High School
- She was oblivious of all around her, and her facial twistings and scrunchings were droll.
- Having many twists
- The mountain road is even more twisting than the valley road.