- Not assisted; without assistance
- 2012, Laura Kaplan Shanley, Unassisted Childbirth, →ISBN, page 80:
- Moran did not support these women, nor did she believe that women should catch their own babies in an unassisted birth.
- Without assistance.
- 2006, Diane Louise Szarkowicz, Observations and Reflections in Childhood, →ISBN, page 4:
- Imagine if children never got any feedback, such as praise and encouragement, as they learnt to walk and only received it when they could walk unassisted.
- 1945 August 17, George Orwell [pseudonym; Eric Arthur Blair], chapter 6, in Animal Farm: A Fairy Story, London: Secker & Warburg, OCLC 3655473:
- […] he would go alone to the quarry, collect a load of broken stone, and drag it down to the site of the windmill unassisted.