un- + brick
unbrick (third-person singular simple present unbricks, present participle unbricking, simple past and past participle unbricked)
- (transitive) To reopen something bricked up.
- 2009, John Saul, In the Dark of the Night (page 135)
- "My folks are off playing golf, and Marci's going to that Summer Fun thing at the school. Which means we'll have plenty of time to unbrick that door and see what's behind it."
- (transitive, slang, computing) To repair a device that was bricked (rendered inoperative).
- 2007, Paul Asadoorian, Larry Pesce, Linksys WRT54G: ultimate hacking (page 327)
- Using JTAG to Unbrick Your Router